LCI is an incorporated company with a 50/50 male/female board of directors
Louis Martin Cloete
Founder and director
Louis Cloete Sr is a highly respected professional architect, town planner and landscape architect. He has travelled extensively throughout South Africa and the rest of the world, gaining valuable experience that sets him apart from contemporaries in the broader disciplines of architectural design.
Amongst many other professional and civic activities, he served a seven-year term as City Councillor of the Pretoria City Council and also as Speaker (Statutory Mayor) of the Pretoria Metropolitan Substructure in 1994. Due to this experience he has sound knowledge of the workings of local government. He is a founder member of the Pretoria Civic Trust and also served a term of 15 years on the Transvaal Provincial Institute of Architects’ committees.
He currently acts as Chairman and Director of Museumpark, a non-profit partnership with the City Council of Tshwane that aims to maintain, protect and promote various museums in historic Pretoria, including Melrose House, the Geoscience Museum and City Hall.
- Diploma in Architecture (Pretoria) 1961
- British Council Scholarship 1963 – 64
- Rotary International Exchange Scholarship 1970
- Master Degree in Architecture (Pretoria) 1978
- Master Degree in Town & Regional Planning (Pretoria) 1979
- Master Degree in Landscape Architecture (Pretoria) 1989
- South African Council for Architects (5612) 1972
- South African Council of Town & Regional Planners 1985
- 51 years in private practice
Louis Albert Cloete
Director for management of project deliverables
Louis Cloete Jr manages the day to day operations of LCI. He specialises in the strategic and purpose-oriented management of a large variety of developments. He attends to the planning and management of urban development and has associations with consultants related to the field of town planning and architecture.
- Bachelor of Architecture (Pretoria) 1988
- Master Degree in Business Administration (Pretoria) 1990
- South African Council for Architects (5613) 1994
- 22 years in private practice
Sonya Jeanette Semmelink
Director and design architect
Sonya Semmelink heads the architectural division of the company.
- Bachelor of Architecture (Pretoria) 1992
- Enrolled for Master Degree in Town & Regional Planning at the University of Pretoria (2008)
- South African Council for Architects (5761) 1994
- 20 years in private practice
Annette Marié Cloete
Director and office manager
Annette Cloete qualified as a scientist and worked for six years in the pharmaceutical department of the South African Bureau of Standards (SABS). She also worked at Whiffens Laboratories in England in 1964 and lectured at the Tshwane University of Technology and the University of South Africa (UNISA).
- Bachelor of Science (Stellenbosch) 1956
- Bachelor of Mathematical Statistics cum laude (Pretoria) 1961
- Bachelor of Music cum laude (Unisa) 1980
- Honours Bachelor of Music (Unisa) 1981
- Master of Arts (Natal) 1984
- Doctor of Philosophy (Stellenbosch) 1986
- 20 years at LCI